The idea of wearing old clothing as new style developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s. By the end of World War II in 1945, clothing factories had learned to mass-produce clothes the same way they are mass-produced now. As more and more types of garments could only be bought off-the-rack, looking just the same as everyone else's wardrobe, people with a creative fashion sense got bored. They wanted unique clothing that didn't have to be expensively custom-made. Thanks to the fashion revolution in the 1960s, clothing became much more varied, and styles from different eras were more widely accepted. People embraced this by scouring thrift shops and yard sales, and vintage clothing stores began opening in the 1970s. One of my newest and favorite finds in the vintage department is Vixen Designer.
vix·en – noun: A female fox.
de·sign·er – noun: A schemer, intriguer, or plotter.
Here is a little bit about Vixen Designer:
I'm here to support artists all over the world from all periods of time. I'm not terribly artistic myself, so I purchase from those who are. Currently listed for Summer 2011... Dior, COACH, Diane Von Furstenberg & Stuart Weitzman Heels. I am always on the search for all the high end and classically fabulous designers for both men and women. I love anything amazingly fabulous. I love rough faceted stones, gold, leather, lace, cashmere, linen, and silk. Everything you see in my shop is hand selected for its timeless style. If I wouldn't wear it, I can't expect you to.
Vixen Designer sells apparel, shoes, bags and clutches, jewelry and accessories, belts, hats, ties, unique books, items for the home, art, furniture, bedding and linens, fine china and dishware...YOU NAME IT, SHE HAS IT ALL! It is all hand picked by a individual with an eye for designer vintage items! WONDERFUL!
Vixen Designer sent me the Vintage 90's high wasited chain belt:
AND the Vintage 80's chainmaille black purse:
THANK YOU to Vixen Designer for sponsoring this giveaway!
Vixen Designer is offering the winner of this giveaway a $40 gift certificate, good towards ANYTHING, NO RESTRICTIONS! AMAZING!
Here is how you enter:
(THE FIRST ENTRY IS REQUIRED)
1. Follow me through Google Friend Connect. Leave a comment on this post letting my know that you follow through google friend and provide me with your email address. (one entry)
(THESE ENTRIES ARE OPTIONAL)
2. Get a friend to follow 'my big girl pants' through Google Friend Connect. Leave me a comment with the name of the person you recruited and provide with me your email address. (one entry)
3. Subscribe to my blog via email. Leave me a comment saying that you have subscribed via email and provide me with your email address.
4. Follow me on twitter @VanessaIaquinta and tweet this giveaway! Make sure you tag me and leave a comment (with your email) telling me you tweeted this giveaway! You can tweet EVERYDAY and it will count as a new entry EVERYDAY!!! DO IT!
10. BUY something from Vixen Designer. Leave me a comment telling me you made a purchase and provide me with your email address. (5 entries--this means, if you purchase something, you must leave me 5 separate comments in order to earn your 5 entries.)
This giveaway will end June 30th at 11:59pm