Friday, April 15, 2011

Well...I joined a soccer team.

Some of you may not know my history in sports.  Get ready to hear about the "glory days" and how much of a true feisty BAD ASS I was...am, true feisty bad ass I AM.  I was a BORN a little athlete.  I swam competitively from the time I was 4 till I graduated high school.  I was a natural  Derek Jeter in softball, playing preschool T-ball  through high school fast pitch...AND I WAS SHORTSTOP (the position of the pro).  I played basketball from junior high through COLLEGE (even tore my ACL, meniscus, strained my LCL and cracked my femur--rehabbed and dominated the court shortly after).  I played soccer on and off up through high school; AND, pardon my dust,  I was the fastest little 200 meter dasher you've ever known.  Now, I didn't just participate in these sports...I OWNED the sports.  I was mean, rough and tough, FEISTY--I EARNED the name "crippler".  I had a knee brace and pointy elbows and I knew how to use them.  OHHHH and the trash talk...I am an EXPERT as pissing people off.  But don't try to piss me off, it energized me like the hulk--you're cruisin for a bruisin the moment you pick on me.  TRAMPLE THE WEAK, HURDLE THE DEAD!  For those of you who haven't had the wrath of Vanessa bestowed upon you...consider yourself lucky.  I may not be a waitress but I know how to serve you. 

I haven't been involved in team sports since I played college basketball...so that was, 8 years ago?  Anyway, I'm NOW on a soccer team.  I am so excited.  I cannot WAIT to get my aggression out on the field---I am so excited to KICK SOME ASS (win or lose, regardless, I WILL kick ass)!  

Here are some benefits to playing sports (randomly taken from the Internet):

-FUN
-higher SELF-ESTEEM
-more positive BODY IMAGE
-helps develop LEADERSHIP skills 
-improves COMMUNICATION skills
-more likely to be SUCCESSFUL in other areas of life
-activity produces endorphins; HAPPIER
-improves QUALITY OF LIFE
-reduces certain health risks (obesity, osteoporosis, diabetes, breast cancer, etc)
-teaches people how to take risks and be aggressive
-learn goal-setting and strategic thinking
-DISCIPLINE
-SOCIALIZE
-LOWERS ANXIETY

AND...many many more.  

So, I am playing soccer. I am excited.

My team is...(drum roll)...WOLFPACK!  Here is my little uniform (I am tempted at LEAST once a day to put it on...just to wear...weird?):

WOLFPACK!!!

Body gear yellow activewear shirt

Nike shorts

Nike shin guards

Adidas soccer socks

Nike indoor soccer cleats 

First game is Monday April 25.
I CANT WAIT! If you are want to come watch, DO IT...it will make me want to kick ass MORE than I already want to kick ass....so, WIN!

No comments: