Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back to work tomorrow...

Welp, tomorrow the boys and I start back at work.  I work at a preschool.  This preschool has a mandatory (gag) dress code; they want all their teachers to look well dressed, presentable and professional (this, I loathe).  In the past, (I have worked there close to 3 years) I have pushed the boundaries of the dress code; done the bare minimum to be semi-acceptable according to dress code (100% acceptable according to me); School T-Shirt on Monday, casual "dress" shirt and hoodie on Tuesday, hoodie over a "dressy" T-shirt on Wednesday, "dressy" hoodie on Thursday, T-shirt day Friday.  I don't know how I never was singled out and talked to.  I did try to make my hoodie outfits look "dressed up" by adding earrings.  Oh, and I have been pregnant twice since I have worked there...I bet they were more lenient on me because they felt sorry for me...ohhh poor Vanessa, she just isn't self-aware--I was self-aware.  Now, since I am playing "365 days of dress like a woman" I don't get to be sneaky and bend the rules (FACT: I LOVE BEING SNEAKY AND BENDING THE RULES.  ALWAYS.)  This, my friend, is going to be a challenge.  Bleck.

On a lighter note (HEAVY SARCASM)

I found this in my side burn today(hahahahha I do NOT have side burns).

I HATE YOU, GRAY HAIR!


Oh well...at least I had this to brighten my day (HEAVIER SARCASM):

(an eyebrow that-after multiple wet downs, washes, use of a eyebrow comb, HAIRSPRAY-would NOT stay down. I looked straight like a werewolf.)

I HATE YOU, EYE BROW!


Me, today.
VS cardigan, VS tank, Express straight leg jeans, UGGS, Forever21 earrings.

7 comments:

Cristina Cathey said...

I know this may be a dumb question but what does VS stand for. I went to Forever21 Fri. they have really cute and inexpensive earrings and such! Good luck tomorrow.

Cristina Cathey said...

know this may be a dumb question but what does VS stand for. I went to Forever21 Fri. they have really cute and inexpensive earrings and such! Good luck tomorrow.

Vanessa said...

Victoria's Secret.

Oh I meant to tell you, YES I get most of my accessories (earrings) from Forever21. THEY ARE TOTALLY AFFORDABLE AND ADORABLE. I rarely find clothes in there, probably because I am so overwhelmed by clutter when I walk in that I refuse to look.

Margaret said...

I bet that was one of my grey hairs I left for you...hahaha...and yes, I have eyebrow hairs that do that same thing...do we cut them...pluck them...or just put up with them...hahaha...I love the new surprises that another day brings when it doesn't affect my health...love you my daughter! :)

Megan Alba said...

Oh, I am so glad you said that about Forever21. Their clutter drives me nuts.

Megan Alba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yes, you can trim your eyebrow hairs. Just comb them up or down and trim them. It helps. I have some crazy eyebrow hair. Love your cardigan V. :)