Monday, January 24, 2011

A fashion muse...???

I decided I needed more direction and that I should choose a fashion muse.  Someone who I could draw inspiration from, who I could think of in the mornings when I have pulled every item of clothing off its hanger in thrown it all over my room while desperately trying to dress, someone who could help me focus on what I want my personal style to be, someone who, someone I could commit fashion plagiarism against, someone to help me take appropriate risks, someone to be...my muse. I looked and re-discovered that I LOATHE celebrities.  All of them.  Except Cristina Aguilera; but I only like her because I had a dream that we were friends and I have loved her ever since.  Oh, and I really like James Franco, but obviously it would defeat the purpose of my new years resolution if I dressed like him...and it probably would create bigger problems than a bout of social anxiety.  I like him as in: ummm, you're packed and you're stacked 'specially in the back.  Brother, wanna thank your mother for a butt like that (thanks, Mom). Can I get some fries with that shake-shake boobie?  If looks could kill you would be an uzi.  You're a shotgun - bang! What's up with that thang?  I wanna know how does it hang?  Straight up, wait up, hold up, Mr. Lover. Like Prince said you're a sexy mutha. Well-a, I like 'em real wild, b-boy style by the mile. Smooth black skin with a smile. Bright as the sun, I wanna have some fun. Come (come) and (hmmm) give me some of that yum-yum chocolate chip, honey dip, can I get a scoop (please)baby, take a ride in my coupe, you make me wanna---Oh, yes, like that.  Anyway, I had a dilemma.  I recently read an article in some trashy magazine about the upcoming year in style/fashion.  It just so happens, the 2011 spring/summer underlying fashion trend is 60's/70's inspired looks.  Now, you see, I watch(ed) a lot of Nick at Night AND I listen(ed) to a lot of classic rock/oldies; these are celebrities I LOVE and can draw inspiration from--Farrah Fawcett, Mary Tyler Moore, Debbie Harry, Bianca Jagger, Cher, Angelica Huston, Stevie Nicks, Liza Minnelli, Ali Macgraw, Faye Dunaway, CRYSTAL GAYLE (sickening. NO).  I LOVE THE 60's and 70's!  So, here the celebrities that I chose as my muses:  
Twiggy

Mary Tyler Moore

Debbie Harry


Now,  to use my muse.  Ohhhh, hell.



1 comment:

Anna said...

I LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE the 60's and 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful Wonderful fashion!!!! I would have been a really good hippy. I LOVE the mod look too, but I am way more hippy.